FIRST DAY AT THE ARTS

I was so nervous before the first day of rehearsals, but now that it is over the sense of relief is amazing. It was a great feeling to come home on the train with my daughter, who is playing Jenny Morris, knowing we had shared that incredible day together. We have a fabulous cast and Helen is a wonderfully dynamic director. We did a read & sing through of the whole musical in the morning. Those new songs sprang to life in a way I never thought possible. The cast were not only brilliant but also great fun and full of enthusiasm which was really lovely. In the afternoon we worked on character, blocked one of the largest company scenes and did some work on the songs.

It is four in the morning and I am printing out the cut scripts to save time in the morning. I have had to do the cuts for the showcase, to get it down to 75 mins...it kept me busy for quite a while!

Comments

Popular Posts