Women Who Write Musicals

I am now back from the room and in my study at home. I miss the woods and the wide open fields of Stratford-Upon-Avon but have planned a trip to Cornwall, to do some research for one of my shows, to make up for it.

While I was away I was part of a flurry of excitement over the creation of a new creative group - Women Who Write Musicals! It was started in response to an article by theatre critic Mark Shenton about the paucity of women writers in Musical Theatre.  There is a link to his piece HERE.

Victoria Saxton and Jennifer Toksvig started the group which is now an international organisation and growing from strength to strength.  We are even hoping to mount our first event - Tiny Shows - in June.

Here is a link to Jenny Toksvig's site The Copenhagen Interpretation which has more information about WWWM. If you have written a musical please join us!


Comments

Popular Posts