Casting for the National Theatre Studio

RNT Studio

Sitting at a beachfront table at Meltemi Cafe on the tiny island of Patmos, in Greece, I found myself glued to my laptop hungry for moments of wifi so I could access the internet.  I was collaborating on casting for a workshop of I Capture the Castle at the National Theatre, and the heat was on.  This is the musical that Steve Edis and I wrote, based on Dodie Smith's wonderful novel about first love and the power of inspiration.

Sometimes it doesn't matter that you have to work when you're on holiday, not when there's such an exciting event coming up in a few weeks!!

Five of us collaborated over the casting and now I'm waiting to see what happens and who these absolutely new interpreters of the show will be.  

This is going to be a time of exploration, showing Brigid Larmour our Director and Shona Morris the movement director the new songs Steve and I have written and trying out a new version of the show I worked on at the Hosking Houses Trust Retreat a while back.  The two directors work really well together, producing incredibly exciting work at Watford Palace Theatre.  The most recent show they collaborated on was Timberlake Wertenbaker's new play Jefferson's Garden.

When I walk into the studio in on 24th August I will remember sitting under the palms on that beach on Patmos!








Comments

Popular Posts