New York

I have decided to go on to New York after my trip to the Festival in Delaware in November. John Sparkes from the Chicago Theatre Building has suggested I go and see the Artistic Director of the York Theatre in Manhattan. They are an Off-Broadway theatre who have a history of putting on new musicals. I am planning to take the musical with me and see what sort of response it gets from theatres in New York as well as any producers who may come to Delaware for the Festival.

It is an awfully long time since I went to New York. Union Square was only just becoming fashionable. I was staying in a loft there belonging to a wanna be pop star. A limo used to arrive for her every morning to take her off to the recording studios. I was traveling with my close friend, the writer Katie Campbell. No one could have shown me round the city with such ingenuity. It was August and there was no air-conditioning in the loft, so I had to sleep with the window open and a fan blowing in front of it. The noise and heat of the city kept me awake but I loved it all. Yes, I walked on the top of the World Trade Centre, as everyone else did who went there in those days. This time I will make my way to Ground Zero and pay my respects.

Comments

Popular Posts