DESPERATE ROMANTICS AND POSSESSED

I spent some time yesterday telling producers about the Pre-Raphaelite TV series and luckily this seems to be in our favour.  If public awareness is raised about the creation of the PRB movement through the TV series, then the story that our musical POSSESSED tells, of the second wave of the movement, will be far more interesting.  I am busy printing out new copies of the script and DVD to send out and on Monday and will be dropping some more copies of scripts into the National Theatre.

The curious thing is that there has already been a 6 part BBC TV series about the Pre-Raphaelites called The Love School.  It came out in 1975 and starred Ben Kingsley as Rossetti!  I imagine some BBC 2 viewers will remember this but the new series is to be very different!


Comments

  1. I'm glad to have found your blog! I visited the site for the musical and it looks fascinating. I have an art history blog that focuses on the work of the Pre-Raphaelites, so this is very interesting to me!

    I just heard about the Desperate Romantics the other day. I'm certainly looking forward to it, though I'm not sure how good it will be ("Entourage with easels" doesn't sound that promising!). At any rate, the most exciting thing is that there is renewed interest in the Pre-Raphaelites--not just in the area of film, but in fashion as well!

    Did you read about Jane Burden's contribution to this spring's fashions in the New York Times? The article was entitled The Innocence Project (http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2008/02/24/style/t/index.html#pageName=24turnhora). Really interesting!

    Anyway, I would love to do a review of your musical on my blog. Have you thought of putting a very small portion of the musical on YouTube? It might help get the news of your production out a bit more.

    I look forward to hearing more news about your musical!

    Best wishes,

    Margaret Lozano

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts