I Capture the Castle

I Capture the Castle
I Capture the Castle based on the novel by Dodie Smith Book and lyrics Teresa Howard music Steven Edis

Sunday, 13 February 2011

London in the 1930's

In order to really get the feel of the 1930's in our new show I CAPTURE THE CASTLE I have been doing some more research into the period. I have discovered some wonderful DVD's of archive film footage - London in the Thirties in two parts. In this Timereel series there are films of every decade of 20th Century London life. I found the films really useful and some of the facts surprising: the average person in the 1930's went to the cinema three times a week, the phone was so new that they had lessons on how to answer a phone in school, more people were killed on the roads than now and George Bernard Shaw was filmed telling the nation not to worry about Hitler!  The films gave a real feel to the time and were extremely helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment