Research and Development Grant - first meeting

"I want to capture every moment..."


Now that we have our grant the real work on the research and development of our new show has begun.

Last Tuesday Steve and I had a meeting with Stephanie Hay, the Programme and Projects Manager at Watford to discuss the business part of the workshop.

We have to confirm a showcase space in the centre of town as soon as possible and have also considered that perhaps we should have an extra day there - a get in day.  This makes a lot of sense but of course will cost more.

We also decided that we needed to raise a bit more money for the workshop and so I have set up a We Fund site.  I will put up more about this as soon as it is completely sorted out.  There have been some problems over the little video I created.  I have no idea whether this will actually work but do know others who have used "We Fund" and it worked brilliantly - like Dougal Irvine, who raised funds to create his musical theatre album.

I have drawn up a comprehensive list of all our contacts for the show and will be sending them off to Stephanie because she will be handling the invitations side of things now.

We will be having meetings with Brigid Larmour the Artistic Director of the Palace, (who is going to be directing), at the end of Feb and beginning of March, for a few sessions to discuss the creative side of the work.  In the meantime I am working on further re-writes of the libretto and Steve and I have started another song that has been in my mind for some time.

The workshop reading will be private and by invitation only but experience with the Possessed readings tells me that you have to invite a lot more people than you actually think will come.

It is strange that once you have the grant everything moves into another realm, what once seemed almost impossible starts to become possible.











Comments

Popular Posts