I Capture the Castle

I Capture the Castle
I Capture the Castle based on the novel by Dodie Smith Book and lyrics Teresa Howard music Steven Edis

Friday, 17 February 2012

Alternating Hats

I'm nowhere near Finishing the Hat yet, instead I am alternating hats - between being a writer and a producer.  Half the working day is spent calling producers and sending out emails inviting them to come to the showcase and the other half is spent working on a new song and amendments to the book.  I find the easiest way to change gear is to go for a walk.  My nearest park is the Horniman Gardens.  Luckily there are no swings in it and so during the day in the week there are not many people out for a walk and you can sing undisturbed while tramping through the undergrowth.  Walking and working on the beginning of a song is often really helpful - perhaps it is something to do with the rhythm of your stride and being outside where there is no limitation.  I have spoken to a number of lyricists and many of them say the same.

(Finishing the Hat is a book written by Stephen Sondheim about his lyric writing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment